Saturday 1 May 2010

Bon morrow and forsooth,

Howdy doooooooody to you my chums, I completely knackered and am fast becoming a shadow of my former self. Mind, this only applies to my emotional state and not the physical as that is expanding so fast I could do a convincing "lookie likie" of John Prescott. Mmmmm....I wonder if there are any school fetes or local supermarkets need opening by a former Deputy P.M.?

The new paintings are going swimmingly well and will soon be ready for public display. It's been a strange old road that I have travelled doing these...I keep floating off into clouds of fantasy trying to imagine what it would be like if one could actually "shape shift". I know I'd most certainly shift this big belly, I'd probably give it to poor and needy. I reckon it's been a kind of cathartic experience painting this series. I've hurtled so bleedin' fast towards the dreaded "middle age" that I've lost my grip on reality....ooooer. I keep looking in the mirror through the hazy smear of vaseline and I don't remember getting to look like that. Ho hum...I think that we would all like to change the way we look in one way or another, it's just that in the old days of the "shape shifter" it was just easier to do. Blimey...."how deep" I hear you cry...but t'is true and I'm sure that I will soon be very accepting of my wrinkles and pot belly....yeah and Katie Price will become a media recluse and Gordon Brown a centre fold for "Play Girl".
If you look back to the days of yore shed loads of strange going ons were put down to "shape shifters"....prime example was the Werewolf, it was far easier for people to believe that such horrendous acts were carried out by a beast than a man. Ho hum...infact...in those days people were constantly changing from one thing into another, the only difference these days is we now use cosmetic surgeons......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Verily I say unto you...I reckon I'd much rather have the belief that I could change into anything that I wanted to than go under a knife to achieve it.

"The old days are lost.......and I wondered why?"

Ooooooer....got a tad "deep and meaningful" there...it seems to have past now and I am once again calm. I do apologise, it's so unlike me to be that thoughtful about anything....I used to be able to rely on being witty and ornamental..........

The launch of this series of paintings is on 27th May 2010. It at Park Gallery, 697 Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2AB between 6:00pm-8:30pm and will run for two and half weeks.
Please please please go along and have a gander as I would be internally grateful. I'll also be bodding about at the lauch to have a chin wag with peeps...you can get to see how my shape has shifted ha ha he he.

Thank you for taking the time,

Ivor x

www.ivorsexton.co.uk

www.parkgallery.net

No comments: