Monday 2 June 2008

Good evening all,

It's been absolutely eons since I last wrote anything on this site...I would like to say it is because I have been so busy doing fantastic things that I never had the time...sadly this is not the case. I have been steadily working on the portrait commission, it is a strange feeling trying to create a portrait of someone that you have yet to meet, and then the meeting takes place on completion so the anxiety levels are well up. Mmmmm...wonder how the sitter feels??? I wonder if it is just as anxious for him??? I will find out in a few weeks time so until then I am desperately trying not to think about it. I am just plodding along in the vain hope that all will be well.
I've still got some tweaking to do on the "Romulus and Remus" painting...the frame mainly. Yes I know I was banging on about it the last time but it is still a major issue that I have yet to resolve. I wonder if there is a Bach flower remedy out there solely for the pupose of making idiots like myself stop dithering....answers on a post card please.
The next painting is still being mulled over in my head and is in need of getting bunged down onto board soon or it will erode into a pile of mundane nonsense. This does tend to happen to me if I dwell on something for too long...I start to fiddle with the idea and over produce it...not a good thing to do in my case as it always proves to be a balls up! Hey ho...I really must learn how to multi task and manage two or three projects at once. The problem with the way I work...if it is indeed a problem...is I get so focused on that particular bit that my vision become tunneled which makes me very boring to be around as I tend to switch off to everything else. Mmmmm, knew there was a reason why I live alone.....Still, onwards and upwards. I have no idea what that last sentence means but it sounded good at the time.

The ward is still producing some very fine and dandy work at the moment despite the fact that there are some quite disturbed people residing there. It always amazes me that so much creativity can happen even when it is being bombarded with so much erratic energy. The clients I work with have a wonderful abilty to accept and then switch off to what is happening around them...I envy this abilty.

I shall end these latest witterings to say that I attended the opening of The Midland Hotel in Morecambe this weekend. The Midland is a beautiful art deco builing that had been left to decay on the sea front. Urban Splash have undertaken the task of restoring it back to life. I reckon they have done a fabulous job....love all that old and new combination. Check it out if you get the chance...even if it is just to have a cup of sedate tea in the conservatory.

Thank you for taking the time...

Ivor x

No comments: