Monday 1 November 2010


Bonjourno my special chums,


T'is a dark and gloomy night and it's well and truely "brass monkeys" in this 'ere office. I shall endeavour to write this wrapped in a shawl like a Dickensian dowager...I'm prepared for shrinkage and am hoping that it's not too severe...ho hum.


Where to start? Well I'm so into this "Adoration of the Tattooed Christ" painting and have now finished the main centre piece. I've commenced the painting of the four corners so, hopefully, all the "adorations" will be finished well before the deadline of the exhibition. Mmmm...must say it's been a lorry load of fun doing this piece as it's all about memories of a far flung place...a holiday of light and sunshine...a chance to see my eldest in his natural habitat and a bugger of a composition. I have been working in some very strange positions doing this painting and it is playing havoc with my geriatric frame...I can forsee a brace, a truss and a prolapse before this image is complete...gone are the days when the Kama Sutra was just a thing you did cos you were bendy. It has also proved to have a will of its own and I've been guided by the work rather than the other way round...a strange and slightly disconcerting feeling. Oooooer...perhaps I'm having an "experience"...?...I wonder if I could get Yvette Fieldings job now she's buggered off to pastures new?

I've created this painting especially for the exhibition at the Phoenix Centre. They are having a fantastic open day event at the end of November...it's going to be filled to the brim with truely beautiful art created by a shed load of talent. My pal Mark Getty has been organising it and will be displaying there too. A huge big fat thank you to you Mark....you're a star!


Here's the details and I really hope you'll all pop along and have a gander and, hopefully, buy lots.


The Phoenix Centre

201 St. James Road

Glasgow


27th November 2010

12-23.30


Thank you for taking the time,


Ivor x

No comments: