Tuesday 19 April 2011








Bonjourno bonjourno bonjourno this fine and sunny Springtime doodah...












I'm so perky I could outdo Pinky...I LOVE the sunshine...it makes me skip and hop and do such things that only Isadora Duncan could imagine. Mind...I have no intention of going off at 100miles per hour wearing a nowt but a long silk scarf...not only is it unhygienic on a dralon seat but not a good look for a bloke of my years..........ho hum.












I've been quite a busy bloke despite the lack of a blog for eons and eons. I've finally started the "Water Ghosts" painting. I must say it's all been a bit scary as it's so out of my remit to work with a sonic artist...even if he is a very talented sonic artist. I keep holding back...it's like I'm afraid of bunging anything down incase I want to alter it completely. This, I now relalise, it a complete load of dogs doings....... After a mass debate with Jamie the sonic artist I realised the whole point of the painting was it had to be fluid and everchanging. Coooo lummey...how thick am I? Upshot is...I've now got over the block and it's all systems go. Reckon it'll take a spell to complete as it will have so many washes and layers.....hey ho. Will keep you posted.












I've also been working on two paintings for the "Love Spirit" group who are planning to hold an exhibition at City Hall, London in August. It is still in its planning stages and, everything has yet to be finalised, but I'm hoping it all happens. I'm also crossing everything that I'm included as it would be fandabbydozy to exhibit on the South Bank...oooooer. When I hear definites I will tell all..........I must admit that "communications" are not Love Spirits strongest asset but their intentions are beautiful.






I'm submitting two nudes which represent the idea that mankind is now so dependant on cyber communications that they are in danger of loosing the ability to speak to each other on a personal level. They're also paintings about hope and how man can communicate on a more spiritual wavelength despite all of this going on in the background.






A big thankyou to Matt for modelling...you're a star fella!












"Lady with Hound" and "Lady with Hawk" are now residing at Christos art gallery in Glasgow. Thank you Louise for keeping the faith. I'm wanting to embark on two more when I get the bleedin' time as I enjoyed doing them. Painting all that sumptuous fabric can be dead satisfying after long spells of just painting flesh....oooooer. I'm also about to embark on an image of a "painted lady" for another exhibition in June...........lawks and lummey and lashings of ginger beer "How will you fit it all in?" I hear you cry....I shall just have to strap re entry shields to my eyes, drink bucket loads of coffee and be catharterised......fiddledee fiddledee fiddledee deeeeeee mammy!












Thankyou for taking the time,












Ivor x

No comments: