Sunday 28 August 2011





Bonjourno my chums!







I trust everyone is well this dull and chilly day?







I've been a well busy bloke...I've just finished a commission painting for a really nice geezer called Simon. A big thank you to him for his patronage and support. It's a painting of Edith Bouvier Beale of the infamous "Grey Gardens" It was a brilliant commission to work on cos she was such a bonkers old bint...all faded socialite glamour and crazy cat lovin' antics. She lived with her mad old mother who sang alot. I love them! I'm hoping that I managed to portray "Lil' Edies" character....she was the kind of "all fur coat and no knickers" that everyone was scandalised by...ooooer.







I've also finally finished the "Water Ghosts" painting. Oooooo...bloody...er! T'was an epic to be sure. I'm just letting it sit for a spell to see if owt else needs doing to it...I realise that it's an organic piece of work but there are limits to how much more I want it to grow. The sonic artist Jamie Sturrock who collaborated with me is now tweeking the composition and then it should be set to exhibit. Mmmmm....we are now looking for suitable venues so that we can include the full spectrum of senses that this "piece" needs. I want a damp place but think that's just my age ha ha he he.... We would dearly love a dark almost cave type venue to really do it justice but realise that this may prove a tad difficult. Ho hum...we shall see.................onwards and upwards.







I'm also having dialogue with a thoroughly nice chap called David Oddy who is "La Hausse" an arts magazine that is both creative and informative. Please check it out on this 'ere link...







http://bit.ly/qvAoAJ







David is putting together a special edition of the magazine called the "Dark Edition" It will be featuring erotic art and literature. It is in this edition that I am hoping to contribute. Please watch this space......also, please support the magazine as it is so worth it.







Other big news is I have met up with a very very lovely young lady called Julie Waddington. She has set up an online gallery oooooer. Please check out http://www.bespokeartgallery.com/ I am part of this fabulous kabutz of artists and am sooooo excited about it all I leave moist patches everywhere.......



There are to be "pop up" exhibitions and I may well be popping up all over Scotland...hurrah! It's all very new to me and I thank Julie for including me. I want to also say a big big fat humongous thank you to Mark Getty for linking us up. Mark...not only are you a brilliant artist but a bloody nice geezer to boot....cheers fella!







Finally....just to let you know I will be featuring in Fiona Wilsons show at Virginia Gallery, Virginia Street, Glasgow in September. Please pop along and have a gander. Fiona is a stunning artist and you'll be blown away by it all. The exhibition is called "Tease" ooooer. I'll have a large one on view and my painting is quite big too..........sorry I apologise am having a "Carry On" kind of Sunday......it kicks off 16th September for a month. The painting I am displaying is a diptych and is inspired by street theatre meets lovers meets shamans meets communication.....yes I know it's a gobfull but I know what I mean............








I've also finished the first of the "Urban Deciples"....one down 12 to go...it's a gonna be a long one......








Thank you for taking the time,







Ivor x

No comments: