Friday 2 March 2012



Well helloooo and hellooooo,






Blimey hadn't realised it was so piggin' long since last I was here....ooooer. Mind...I have been blighted with sciatica which really hasn't been any sort of picnic...not the picnicking is good at this time of year and in this weather...it has also made me ramble on and on and on and on..............I rest my case. I am now practically vertical again now so all is well in my world...






I have to say that I was made up, chuffed, totally blown away due to a wee painting sale. A very nice man called Bryan contacted me about my work...came a visiting up from olde England and promptly bought my triptych "The Lover, the Wife and the Husband" This painting is now residing in Preston and I know it has gone to a good and appreciative home. Thank you Bryan for your support and patronage.



I've been dead busy working towards my solo exhibition in March. It's to be at the Virginia Gallery, Merchant City, Glasgow. The date is currently 23rd March for a 4 week run. I shall keep you all posted with the details when they're confirmed. I would be internally grateful to one and all if they wanted to pop along and have a gander at the paintings. Ooooer...how apt to say "gander" as I'm just completing a painting of a snow goose woman. She is the twin to the "Murmurring" painting and is the yang to his ying. It's all very "spiritual".....



I've also just completed a wee painting called "The Lost Princess"...it's sort of connected to the "Kings Mistressess" series...only she's not a mistress...infact she's Anastasia complete with a husky. Pics of these paintings will be posted when I get decent images of them....I apologise for the tease and then the non delivery. Mind...it's part of my artistic mystique oooooer.






I've also decided to do some drawings for the next exhibition. It's a very odd thing as it's been years since I have done any. I having to keep reminding myself that they're not prelim sketches for paintings. It's all been a tad challenging and a bit of a conundrum...but I reckon I may well be able to produce some half way decent pictures if I knuckle down and just let go. I must say I'm quite enjoying the whole smuggy, pencilly free range thingydoodah of it all. Mmmmm....we'll just have to keep an open mind about how good or bad they are. They're sort of based on bare knuckle fighters and "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding"...I was sort of inspired by some etchings of pugalists I saw at a country house in the summer....ho hum.






Thank you for taking the time,






Ivor x

No comments: