Monday 21 May 2012

Well fiddle dee dee and shiver me timbers....

The "Tall Ship" exhibition was a right ol' blast. It was so good to exhibit on board a floating gallery...so to speak. It's an amazing venue and well worth a gander at. There's still loads of stuff on display until the 6th June so pop along and have a wee nosey. Must admit it was a tad short of pirates and bucaneers...how does that joke go?.....oooer...but an amazing place non the less.
A massive load of praise should go out to Julie, David and Mark for all the bleedin' hard work they put in....well done yous.
I've submitted my "Beauty Queen Reliquery" to Virginia Gallery for the "Queens" exhibition. It kicks off this coming Friday...25th May and lasts until at least 30th June. Hurrah!
There'll be 60 artists displaying their wares all on the theme of the Queens jubilee...God bless her and all who sail in her....This one will also be well worth a visit so get yourselves along and have a look.

I've started work on a new piece...I'm going all Shakespearian oooooer. I know I know it'll mean me having to be a bit more cultured than of late but it's a challenge I'm rising to...which is quite an achievement as I'm only 5'2". I'm starting off with "Banquos Ghost"....whooooo and hooooo and oooooo. I have no idea how I'm going to pull off the apparition bit but I'm willing to give it a go....where's Doris Stokes when you need her and what exactly does ectoplasm look like? It's a conundrum to be sure....
Want to say a big thank you to Stephen for being my Ghost....you're a star fella and I am internally grateful...cheers fella. I shall keep you all posted on my progress.....

Thank you for taking the time,


Ivor x

No comments: