Sunday 2 September 2012

Ivors log....this day of our doings 02/09/12................blog one.
Yes indeedy....have decided to bung this lot down in stages as it makes more sense to me, it may not to you my chums but....hey hoooo...here goes.

I have finally finished the commission painting for Carmen Storm...the infamous and talented Blackpool "Drag" entertainer. Carmen is producing a charity CD entitled "Two Faces One Voice" and wanted a painting of her as Carmen and him as Alex. It is all to do with the genre of music that both personas would listen to/play/produce. I must say it was bleedin' fun to do be it a tad strange as well. I've never had to paint two sides of a face one at a time even thought they were attached to the other. I have no idea if that makes any sense whats so ever..but, in my head, it is crystal clear. I usually paint block the entire face but this time it had to be done seperately.....ooooooer.....I must say the end result is strangely compelling to look at. Carmen has seen it and approves, which is all that matter really. I must say that I'm well chuffed as it could of gone sling backs up.
The finally CD design is now in her cabable and well maincured hands...I'll give you the heads up when it's all sorted. Hurrah!

Thank you for taking the time...

Ivor x

No comments: