Friday 22 February 2013

Well hurrah and hurrah...coo lummey...strike a light and whip my caramels...I have been really busy.

I've finally got Lady MacBeth well underway...mind...the mad bints been causing a few problems, mainly that I'm not quite sure if she's mad enough. Ho hum...I'll continue the way I've been going and will probably tweak her to within an inch of her life towards the end. I do like a crazy woman with an attitude.....She is to be exhibited at the next Bespoke Art Gallery "pop up"...it's to be at Old Rene Mackintosh's gaff.."House For An Art Lover. It's a beautiful venue and I well recommend having a go see. Plus...the piggin' restaurant is bloody bloody splendid! I shall firm up with you all later ooooer missis...I'm talking times and dates here peeps........
I'm off tomorrow to photograph my newest model Chris...he's very kindly agreed to pose for the new autobiographical work that I'm about to embark on. Coooo...will be interesting how it will develop. It's a bit like someone saying..."If they made a movie of you, who would play you?" I just hope he can cope with some mad old artist reliving his past through an unsuspecting model. I shall have to compose myself and act accordingly...yeah right. Anyrode up....if you read this Chris....a big fat thankyou from me fella and brace yourself.....ho hum.

I've been also working on a book cover illustration. It's been dead cool to be illustrating again. It's been eons and I've had quite a blast doing it. Mind...the client hasn't actually seen the finished art work yet so may well be counting my chickens and all that. Hey hoooo...t'is done and dusted and I shall just have to sit back and take the critisism...if there is any ooooer. It's for a book called "God and the Geek"...I've read bits of it...bloody marvelous if you ask me and well worth a read. Sadly...alas and alack...t'is all I can tell you at the moment until all is finalised. If you hear me sobbing over the ether you'll know he hated it and I've been rejected. Us artists don't do rejection very well...we're prone to melt downs and hissy fits.......

Oh and I have had a big big interest in the "March Hares" so watch this space.....hurrah!

Thank you for taking the time...

Ivor x

No comments: