Monday 5 May 2008

Hello everbodies....happy bank holiday!

I have been painting...not much of a revelation I know but I have been struggling of late and have managed to overcome. Yes, I know that sounds very "up my self" but I was suffering the "block". I spent hours and hours and hours the other week painting a pattern on the T shirt of this painting only to discover it looked complete s**t! Only after I had the courage to obliterate the pattern did the "block" lift....voila, as our French cousins say, I am now going full steam ahead with poor old "Romulus and Remus" who had been very negleted.
I always find it very wierd that it takes so much courage to wipe something after hours of work on it...???...I knew it was wrong and had to go but it still took ages for me to actually sit down and do it.
I seem to be doing this procrastinating stuff alot lately, I always did go through a strange ritual before starting a new painting...usually just finding inane things to do just so I didn't have to begin right away. Now, however, I do it every time I intend to sit down and paint. It's like a fear that it's all gonna go horribly wrong and by delaying all will be well. Perhaps it's age?..perhaps it's insanity?....who the flop knows!???

I have very little else to say to be perfectly honest....I expect it's a blessing to most..ha ha he he. I put it down to the "block" and all it entailed. Hopefully I shall have more to bore you with the next time I blog....

Thank you for your time,

Ivor x

No comments: