Friday 1 August 2008

Hello my special chums,
Apologies for being so long in talking to you...no excuses...just apathy on my part. Blimey, it's been a bugger of a few weeks. The thing is I returned to work following a couple of weeks leave...not a very happy event as it takes me eons to get back into the swing of things. Mind, after a couple of hours it was like I'd never been away...hey ho.

I have been bashing away at my "Romanesque" wall paintings and am very nearly "happy" with them. It has taken shed loads of hysterics, a ton of sleepless nights and heaps of vallium to get me to this point...not that I am prone to exaggeration. I have re worked and reworked "Romulus and Remus" and "Mars"...I am now embarking on "Neptune". I think that this one should go more smoothly as I have had loads of practice on the other two. My only concern is that, at this rate, my paintings will be as bleedin' old as the Romans them selves.

I have been out and about appreciating the English counrty side...I was "a walking" the rivers and canals of Lancaster last week end and very nice it was too. I am still constantly amazed at how beautiful this country can be in the good weather...a thing that has to be taken advantage of when it is available. This week I was gardening in the pouring rain with some of the clients....why???...I ask myself. They insisted, so who am I to dissappoint them? Just kept on digging and thinking a couple of days ago I was whacking my bits out in the sunshine...it's a concurrent countdown conundrum to be sure...mind, not for poor old Carol Vordeman any more...

I'm rambling...I do apologise...think it's the fumes from the glue I've been using to frame up these paintings...

Thanks for taking the time,

Ivor x

No comments: