Sunday 28 September 2008

Good morrow to you all,

I am going to be fairly brief this morning as I am officially on holidays...mmm...I am about to embark on an epic journey to Portsmouth to visit my family, this may not seem such a big deal to most...but...you haven't met my family. Please look out for me on Jeremy Kyle, I'll be the one swinging a chair and speaking only in vowel sounds. I'm hoping to seek inspiration from the sea side and older parts of Old Portsmouth...I have distant memories from my college days that there are some very historical bits of olde Pompey. I left Portmouth in 1979 so we will see if it's how I remember it...mnid, as dementia is kicking in fast, how the hell will I know???

I managed to start blocking out the face of "Mercury" before I left...mmm...it's a very odd thing but I have managed to create an image that has no resemblance to old Roman wall painting and more early mediaeval church painting. It is staring out at me...just a floating head. The thing is, I am in a dilemma now...do I continue and develop this image?...or...do I reel it back to "fit" the series of paintings that I started? I have decided to ignore it all until I return from my travels...I shall look at it with fresh eyes and then, hopefully, will know which way to go. However, as I may well be traumatised from my time away, it could end up wearing a shell suit and hair extentions.

I have to add here that I do love my family and they are really cool people...it's just our way of communicating...we share insults.

Until we meet again...thank you for taking the time,

Ivor x

No comments: