Saturday 6 September 2008

Hello all,

Tis I again ready to impart my very special brand of "paint along a Nancy"...incidentally unless you're over 40 you will probably have no floppin' idea what that last sentence means.

It has been a bad bad bad time for me....I have the "block" again...well it's more like the "apathy" to be honest. I have been sat here this morning attempting to paint in "Neptunes" arms only to be distracted by any damn thing that heads my way. I was even trying to count the legs on a caterpillar that had crawled into the studio...mmmm...not good. I am blaming the weather, I have to blame something. The painting is developing slowly and I am hoping will be finished before I reach 50. I do apologise to Will if he reads this, it is going to be finished soon... honest. The stupid thing is that I am already planning the next painting. I've got the model to email a photograph and in my head it is virtually completed. Thank you Brian for allowing me to use your image. Hey ho, it is a big fat countdown conundrum with no detox option from Carol Vordeman.

I am heading off to London Town for a week so maybe that will inspire me again. I'm attending a course which should be fun and frolics and jolly japes...mind, it all sounds like a lorry load of "hippy" nonsense but it gets me away and somewhere to, hopefully, recharge my batteries. I shall soak up the culture and sniff the aroma that is "the smoke"...I just hope my now "country boy" lungs can take it.

Work on the ward continues to be creative...it's like a cottage industry at the moment. I am still amazed at how some people don't realise just how talented they can be...still, if I can unleash the creative beast in some then I may just stand a chance of rekindling my own creative monster.
We shall see...

Thank you for taking the time...

Ivor x

No comments: