Tuesday 18 November 2008

Hello everybodies,

It has been so very long since last we spoke. I do apologise but I was laid up with tonsilitis...a rather nasty bout I might add. I never knew a bloke could sweat so much with such little movement. I was rather pathetic through out the entire ordeal...I was begging for an assisted suicide at one point, it's just as well I live alone as I'm sure some one would of obliged otherwise.

I have been plodding along very slowly on the painting front...mind, I am getting quite alot finished. To be perfectly honest I had a bit of a scare. I had negotiated some painting sales with a very nice bloke in Dublin called Tom. He is a bit of a jet setter so all negotiations were carried out via shed loads of different countries. I was on my death bed when I got an email telling me the cheque was on it's way...mmm..the paintings weren't ready....hey bloody ho! Upshot of it all it was a tad manic for a few days and I vowed I would always be like a boy scout...prepared.
Thanks Tom...you're a star.

I've got a commission to do an "Ascension" painting...it's a big bugger too so I'm dead excited.
I was at the Walker Gallery in Liverpool on Saturday so was able to soak up the atmosphere, absorb the "art" and leave inspired. I had a vague idea of how I was going to tackle it but it always helps when you view some of the greats and how they portrayed the theme. The muse is now upon me and when I can prise him off I shall start the preliminary drawings. I'm still looking for the two Marys but have managed to identify who I want as Jesus and I've also found two of the Desciples...should be plain sailing from here...yeah right. I've not worked on a painting of this scale before so am a tad anxious alongside the excitement...it's a roller coaster of emotions to be sure.

I'm still continuing with the "Romanesque" series...hopefully if all goes well these should be seen in Newcastle before too long. Fingers crossed. I really feel it's time to get out there and get them displayed....I'll even exhibit the paintings...

Thank you for taking the time,

Ivor x

No comments: