Sunday 25 January 2009

Hello peeps,

T'is that time again for me to bore you rigid with my antics or lack of antics...depending on how people judge antics....

I have had a trip to "wee bonny Scotland"...Glasgow to be precise. It is a fantastic city, very vibrant and ever so friendly. I had a great time. I went to see "Offshore" cafe/gallery in the hope of getting an exhibition there in the future. I am well aware that galleries are so well ahead with their bookings but a rough estimated date would of been nice. It came to pass that the manageress was unavailable for comment...hey ho. She has been left with a port folio and contact details so, here's hoping that she gets back to me. Mmmm...I have to admit it's been a couple of weeks now and still "zitch".............
I'm not so bothered that I may not be able to exhibit at "Offshore", though I'd be a big fat liar if I said that I didn't want to...the actual gallery space would enhance the "Romanesque" wall paintings very well...only it would be ever so nice to be told the reason why one can't. I do like to have feed back, even if it's not what I want to hear. Call me a sad old masochistic dwarf.
I did get to meet Will...he's the bloke who has become "Neptune". We had not met before and Will had not seen the finished painting...it was brill to be able to let him see himself immortalised in acrylics. I think he approved...here's hoping he did. What a thoroughly decent and top bloke he was too. Thanks Will for all your support. I'm off to Liverpool to get all the new pieces photoshopped and bunged onto the web page next week end so all the world can then have a gander at the man that is Will.....

The "Ascension" painting is developing very nicely. It is a joy to do to be honest. It's a tad different from the stuff that I have been producing of late...far more vibrant and it has a richness of colour that is indicative of the medieval alter boards on which it is based. I have spent all the live long day painting fabric...I close my eyes and I see a red glow. Here's hoping Nathan approves....ooooer. I am also developing a very stiff neck and shoulders as it is a bigger painting than most I produce...I am constantly stood leaning over it in very strange positions. I knew I should of taken up yoga...I'm bleedin' sure old Madonna wouldn't be aching like my old carcass does and the end of the day.

Why oh why can't I be more bendy???

Thank you for taking the time....

Ivor x

No comments: