Wednesday 10 July 2013

Bonjour bonjour bonjour!

Thought I'd go all Francais as I'm buggering off there soon...hurrah!

Now I know it's been a wee while but do you all remember me witteringon about the new series of paintings I'm embarking on? The series relating to blokes and how they persue lifestyle and the like? The series where I chase down men and tease out their dark secrets, worries and "issues"?
Well I've completed one and it's called "Bruised"....a big thank you to Ronnie for making this painting possible....you're a star and a brave one at that. It ended up being an entirely different painting to the one I had planned. I was going to attempt an image of a man as a sexual being but...following a deep, intimate and a rather emotional discussion...I ended up with a very personal dipiction of a man in deep contemplation and some pain. It was a journey that neither of us had planned and neither of us had envisaged but it must be one of the most intimate paintings i have ever done. It also sold before the varnish had time to dry...which...to me...proves it's worth. Hurrah and hurrah! The scary thing about it all is...how do I top that? Mmmmm....we shall have to see. I have shed loads of ideas and I have shed loads of models lined up so...hey hoooooooooo...onwards and upwards.

Thankyou for taking the times,

Ivor x

No comments: