Tuesday 29 April 2014

Hello and good afternoon to one and all....and a bloody maaaaarvelous one it is to.

Alas and alack I'm locked in my studio so am not able to enjoy the wonderful sunshine. This old carcass will have to remain lilly white and pasty for a little longer...not that I'm willing to expose this body much these days...I've seen old people throw up and birds flee in terror...ho hum.

Anyrode up..enough of this nonsense...I just thought I'd blog to say the "The Reluctant Narcissus" is now finished...hurrah! I think it works...well I'm hoping it does. I sort of went for it and kept everything crossed. The model loves it so that's bloody brill...thank you Hayden for agreeing to pose for me.
I've also managed to do another wee painting....coo lummey...my brush has been out and active for days and days and days. Hence the lack of sunshine and white carcass. This one is entitled "The Shy Actor" The model who posed is actually an actor so hurrah! For some very very odd reason he seems to think he isn't as gorgeous as everyone else believes he is. Mmmm...t'is a conundrum because I know if I looked like that my body would be forever exposed.................Thank you Jason for being shy.

I'm now working on a painting about a "Conchie"....it seems to tie in with the "Ghosts and Gods" series and...as it's 100 years since the start of World War One...is rather timely. It's very early days and it quite a bloody challenge. It has been inspired by the Pat Barker "Regeneration" trilogy. Here's hoping she'll approve..........

Thank you for taking the time...

Ivor xx

No comments: