Wednesday 9 April 2008

Good afternoon all....aint it gaaaawjusss and spring like, it does make one feel good to be upright. I fear that I have been neglecting this blogg...I have no excuse apart from the fact that I have been awaiting some definite news about the exhibition in Manchester next year. I do know that it is definitely in November 2009 and I do know it will be at "Taurus" in Canal Street....ooooer! A very nice bloke called Iain Scott has been handling me and I must say he is very good at it. Can you tell I'm very excited?
I've also been preparing for my trip to the great metropolis that is London....it's been a few months since I ventured down to the city and am in the process of organising my timetable.....so much to do and see and so little time... I have lined up some work aswell, which has just cropped up and I am very grateful for. I am hoping to be inspired beyond measure by all the diverse cultures and visual stimulus that I'm expecting to be bombarded with. Mind, not sure if my chums that I am residing with will see it that way. I really think that the older I am getting the more child-like I become...most who know me would, no doubt, say "childish" but hey ho.

"Rommulus and Remus" continues...why oh why did I decide to give the clothes very elaborate patterns? I'm anticipating a spectacular finish on this painting due to the detail on the clothes...we shall see. All I see when I close my eyes after a day on the job is a mass of blurring colour! Is it good for ones eye sight I ask?....will it matter if it creates the desired effect?....NO is the answer to that. I mean, look at how old Van Gough suffered for his art....in the grand scheme of things I suppose a stronger prescription at the opticians is a small price to pay.

I seem to be rambling on a tad...I do apologise, think I'm far more excited about my hols that I first thought.
I will leave this blogg here whilst I still have a semblance of dignity left...mmmm.

Thankyou for taking the time...

Ivor x

No comments: